We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game.
As a player, you have a big part to play. That’s why the FA is asking every player to follow a Respect Code of Conduct.
When playing football, I will:
– Always play to the best of my ability.
– Play Fairly – I won’t cheat, complain or waste time.
– Respect my team-mates, the other team, the referee and my coach/manager.
– Play by the rules, as directed by the referee.
– Shake hands with the other team and referee at the end of the game.
– Listen and respond to what my coach/team manager tells me.
– Talk to someone I trust or the club welfare officer if I’m unhappy about anything at the club.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, County FA or The FA.
– Be required to apologise to my team-mates, the other team, referee or team manager.
– Receive a formal warning from the coach or the club committee.
– Be dropped or substituted.
– Be suspended from training.
– Be required to leave the club.
– My club, County FA or the FA may make my parent or carer aware of any infringements of the Code of Conduct.
– The FA/County FA could impose a fine and suspension against my club.